Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Here's how to find bugs:
- New bugs that require triage have a
- Bugs for which help is appreciated are marked with the helpwanted keyword
- Bugs that are targeted for a particular release of milestones are tagged with that milestone.
- Once triaged, Bugs are categorized in the following manner using the bracketed category identifier as a Summary prefix:
- [Actions] - bugs that deal with CVS actions.
- [Annotate View] - bugs that deal with the Annotate View
- [Change Sets] - bugs that deal with Change Sets.
- [Commands] - bugs that deal with the CVS command infrastrucutre.
- [Connection] - bugs that deal with connecting to CVS
- [Console View] - bugs that deal with the Console View.
- [Decorators] - bugs that deal with CVS decorators.
- [History] - bugs that deal with the CVS implementation of the History API
- [History View] - bugs that deal with the CVS implementation of the History View page
- [Misc] - bugs that defy categorization.
- [Model Support] - bugs that deal with the model API
- [Modules] - bugs that deal with CVS Modules
- [Operations] - bugs that deal with CVS operations.
- [Patch] - bugs that deal with Patching
- [Preferences] - bugs that deal with the CVS preference page
- [Repo View] - bugs that deal with the Repo View.
- [Resources] - bugs that deal with CVS Resource
- [Subscriber] - bugs that deal with the Subscriber API
- [Sync Info] - bugs that deal with the Sync info infrastrcuture
- [Sync View] - bugs that deal with the Sync View
- [Tags] - bugs that deal with Tags
- [Tests] - bugs that deal with CVS JUnit tests
- [Watch/Edit] - bugs that deal with the Watch/Edit feature
- [Wizards] - bugs that deal with the CVS Wizards
Running the CVS Automated Tests using JUnit
Follow these steps to run the CVS tests:
- To load the Team/CVS test plug-ins, check out the following plug-ins from :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/eclipse repository:
- The CVS tests require a repository to test with so you will need to set up a test repository.
- The org.eclipse.team.tests.cvs.core contains a couple of sample launch configurations:
- CVS UI Tests: runs the tests related to the CVS/UI plug-in configured for windows
- CVS UI Tests (Linux): same as above but configured for Linux
- CVS Core Tests: runs the tests related to the CVS/Core plug-in
- The Windows configuration is set up to use C:\eclipse as the test area. To configure the tests to use your test repository, perform the following steps:
- copy the repository.properties file from the org.eclipse.team.tests.cvs.core plug-in to the C:\eclipse.
- Open the file and modify the repository property to contain the location string that identifies your test repository. This string should be of the format :method:user:password@host:/repo/path (the other fields are used to tailor the tests in other ways but the defaults should work fine).
- From the Run menu, choose Run.. and then select CVS UI Tests to run the tests.