< CDT | calls
Revision as of 17:12, 1 March 2016 by Marc.khouzam.gmail.com (Talk | contribs) (→Minutes)
March 1st, 2016
- Alvaro Sanchez-Leon (Ericsson)
- Marc Dumais (Ericsson)
- Mikhail Khodjaiants (Mentor)
- Doug Schaefer (QNX)
- Jeff Johnston (RedHat)
- Marc Khouzam (Ericsson)
- CDT 8.8.1 release
- Went well. Next stop CDT 9.0/Neon!
- CDT Summit and Hackathon https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/summitecon2016
- EclipseCon is next week! 14 attendees signed up for CDT Summit.
- Breakpoint improvement patch
- Mikhail had a problem with his computer. Will try to recover the patch.
- Can we show target breakpoint only if there is more than one?
- Reverse debugging with btrace
- CQ was approved and corresponding code committed
- Marc K has been doing cleanup on it with help of Ravitheja (the contributor)
- User knowing why buttons are disabled (e.g., reverse debug, debug new executable, connect, etc)
- Doing the Reverse Debug review reminded that user don't know that reverse debug is not enable with non-stop; all they see is the button grayed out, which does not help them know why.
- Doug thinks graying out buttons is frustrating to users and that if the button does not apply is should not be shown
- We could do this but there is also a general Eclipse pattern that should be changed
- Not showing buttons can also be confusing if the user does not understand why in some cases the button shows and other not
- Using the hover (doesn't work for context-menu?)
- Already an improvement if the button is grayed out. Does not help for context-menu
- Enabling button and failing it with a message
- Not necessarily better
- Furthermore, the launch dialog should not show non-compatible options.
- The problem was that we didn't know GDB's version at that time
- We should use the GDB version
- If GDB is part of the toolchain, then we can do it easily
- If not, then we could update the launch dialog based on what the user specifies dynamically in that same dialog.
- This will need more discussion
- RCPTT for UI testing
- Alvaro is trying things out using the standalone debugger
- Can be run manually or automatically using maven
- Difficult to troubleshoot when things don't work even for failing test cases
- Recording is much easier than SWTBot but troublshooting is harder
- Improvements to the OS Resources view
- Teo has been doing nice improvements with reviews from Marc D
- Support for attaching to a process from that view https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn90#OS_Resources_View
- Improving list of processes user is given when trying to attach
- Improvement to automatically download remote binary instead of using a local one
- Feature of GDB 7.10 that there is a patch for CDT
- Concerns about what happens if remote binary is stripped or connection is slow
- Review continues https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/67369/
- CDT 9.0 progress https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/APIBreakages
- Patch for removing CDI is hard to review
- Jonah has shown he knows what he is doing; by explaining his steps, we could feel comfortable enough to submit
- Need to get this done ASAP