- How do I contribute to this FAQ?
Simply edit this page and add content. You can now use your bugzilla username and password to gain access.
- Is it really that easy?
- How do I build CDT from CVS if I want a more recent build than is on the downloads page?
- Switch to the CVS Perspective: Window > Open Perspective > Others ... and select "CVS Repository Exploring"
- Context menu in "CVS Repositories" View, New > Repository Location
- Location - Host: dev.eclipse.org Repository Path: /cvsroot/tools
- Authentication - User: anonymous (no password required)
- Connection - type: pserver
- Click 'Finish'
- Open up the resulting /cvsroot/tools tree.. find org.eclipse.cdt-releng/all
- On each of the projects under 'all', click context menu > Check Out
- How do I export it so that it can be used with an external Eclipse installation?
- You can either:
- a) Export the CDT feature via File->Export->Plugin Development->Deployable Features. This will automatically export all the required plugins.
- b) Export all the plugins etc. individually or all at once via File->Export->Plugin Development->Deployable Plugins and Fragments. However, this is more error prone and you're better off doing a).
- c) Use the ANT stuff in org.eclipse.cdt.releng to build CDT the way the nightly build does.
- I want to differntiate between the "Debug" and "Release" modes in my project. Is there any preprocessors in use already (some #define like "#define DEBUG" for Debug mode) or should I have to define them manually in my project. I find verbose in project options, but I am not sure how to use it ?
Back to CDT wiki page.