Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Here's my current thinking, just a brainstorm of ideas.
- There are too many layers between IScannerInfo and the places where that info get's generated.
- We should be able to ask the build model for scanner discovery information.
- We should be able to find the compiler ITool for a given source file and ask it for it's IScannerInfo.
- Tool chain providers could then participate in that.
- Still need framework for build output parsing, maybe with the help of the ITools, but at least make the collected info available to them.
- Could add in other frameworks for things like dwarf.