Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Babel / Server Tool Project Plan
These notes are for the initial phase of Babel and are here for historical reference only.
Initial Release Milestone M0
Next week (Second week of January 2008) will be the initial release of the babel server code (see https://babel.eclipse.org/staging/).
Coding Tasks Before Launch:
* Refactor DB to allow only one copy of English string and internal key regardless of version (fix import tool/ajax callback queries)
Importing Task Before Launch:
Populate with all Languages Eclipse has existing language packs for * Populate Projects with strings
Right after Launch Features:
Write a Developer guide, including how to set up a dev environment
document release process
- Make SVN work with the maps processor https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=217196
- Automate release cycle
- database refactoring code from portal approved (http://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2069)
- bug opened to simplify database refactoring code (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=217787)
Import translations string for version 3.2 of Eclipse
- Add voting for a translation
- Add copyright notices to language packs
- Add initial users page with some useful stats (like # of string translated)
- stream line translation so it is easier
- allow hiding string that have already been translationed