Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Eclipse BaSyx is the open source platform for next generation automation. Our mission is to provide a free software platform that enables all interested parties, large and small industries, research institutes, academia, and interested persons, to participate and to shape the fourth industrial revolution. We believe that the availability of a free reference technology platform is a key success factor for the Industrie 4.0. Eclipse BaSyx therefore provides common and re-useable Industrie 4.0 components and an SDK that supports the development of new Industrie 4.0 software components to enable the rapid development of Industrie 4.0 solutions. This Eclipse BaSyx platform furthermore will provide reference application scenarios for common Industrie 4.0 challenges. Eclipse BaSyx is actively supported by the BaSys 4.0 (Homepage, in German) research project, which is funded by the German Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF, grant no. 01IS16022). BaSys 4.0 researches and specifies key concepts of Industrie 4.0, participates in standardization activities, and integrates existing standards and technologies into an Industrie 4.0 middleware.
The Eclipse BaSyx middleware implements main Industrie 4.0 concepts and provides the necessary software components to implement numerous Industrie 4.0 applications:
- End-to-end digitisation of the production (the shopfloor)
- End-to-end connectivity between shopfloor and IT
- Peer-to-peer communication between devices and the IT
- Digital process models, value streams, and product tracking
- Changeable production processes up to lot size one production
- Digital twins for processes, products, devices, and more
- Big data analysis of production processes
- Pre-configured containers for Industrie 4.0 applications, e.g. predictive maintenance, in-process analysis, and dashboards
- Automated tracing and documentation of production processes
Application examples that document the application of Eclipse BaSyx are provided in section BaSyx application scenarios.
BaSyx Middleware Documentation
DotAAS V3 Support: The new components of BaSyx that are fully compliant to DotAAS V3 are developed & documented here.
The documentation of the Eclipse BaSyx middleware is split into the following sub sections:
- User Documentation
- User Tutorials
- Using the BaSyx Docker-Components
- Integrated end-user applications
- Integrations in Third-Party Applications and Frameworks
- Concepts and architecture
- Submodel descriptions
- Capability Ontology
- Developer Documentation