Difference between revisions of "Automated Solution-Level Builds"
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Revision as of 15:23, 15 July 2009
This page describes our plan for getting to solution-level automated (nightly) builds.
- The "top level" solution-level build scripts (one per solution) MUST run on a non-Eclipse server (because the builds must integrate many non-Higgins-redistributable libraries, tools and components). They will run on an azigo.com build server.
- These top level scripts SHOULD invoke whereever possible the nightly build scripts for whatever components can be built on the eclipse Higgins build server.
- No enhancements shall be made to the existing "home-made" Higgins build system. Any component that requires new features in our home-made build system MUST instead create and deploy a Buckminster build script.
- Only if it is impossible to create a Buckminster build script, then it is acceptable to use the build system on the Azigo build server (this tool has not yet been chosen)
- Top level scripts MUST pull the non-Higgins-redistributable JARs, libraries, and in some cases source code from a (new) local azigo SVN server.
- Azigo build service SHOULD pull binaries wherever possible from the Higgins download site. Only compile from source if no-such Higgins binary gets autobuilt.
- We've not yet decided on the tool (Maven, CruiseControl, Buckminster, etc.) that we'll use on the Azigo build server