Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Architecture Council/Meetings/September 10 2009
< Architecture Council | Meetings
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday September 10, 2009 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| (+1) 613.287.8000 (Ottawa and international) or|
866.362.7064 (toll-free North America)
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|BIRT:||Wenfeng Li||Gary Xue|
|DTP:||Brian Fitzpatrick||Linda Chan|
|DSDP:||Doug Gaff||Martin Oberhuber|
|Eclipse:||Philippe Mulet||Mike Wilson|
|Modeling:||Richard Gronback|| Ed Merks|
|RT:||Jeff McAffer|| Jochen Krause|
|STP:||Oisin Hurley||Antoine Toulme|
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|
|TPTP:||Eugene Chan|| Oliver Cole|
|WTP:||Tim deBoer||Dave Carver|
- Regrets: Neil Hauge
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Architecture Council/Meetings/August 13 2009
- (old) Dave Carver to blog about bugzilla best practices
- (old) Wayne to E-mail e.o-committers after that
- Dave C prepare a "cookbook" for bug 283734 Crowdsourcing Docs / WikiText --> DocumentationGuidelines, Dave's Blog
- Tom S ask Maven expert to comment on bug 283745
- Wayne to blog about Maven bug 283745 to get more comments
- Martin to comment on bug 283745 that the AC discussed and supports maven
- Dave C work with Wayne on a "handbook" for project criteria for becoming a committer (referencing committer guidelines)
- Still open items moved to #Action Items
We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:
- bug 283745 - Maven - current status, next steps
- bug 285074 - Dave Carver - Hudsonbuilder and write access to the cvs / svn repo
- bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices
- bug 288721 Sonar / Eclemma - Cedric Brun, Dave Carver
- The art of project release naming - no bug yet ?!?
- AC Bugzilla backlog
- Follow-up on Architecture Council/Bugzilla Best Practices - how to move on?
- Dave C AC should look at other Agile Principles can be employed (in addition to the Bugzilla practices)
- See also Architecture Council/Open Issues for overflow items that were not discussed
- News from the EMO and Councils ?
- (old) Martin to follow up on Architecture Diagrams idea
- (old) Michael to flesh out the Patterns idea and remind the EAC -- started Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations#Design Patterns, backed by EclipseCon tutorial proposals
- While these show how well-known GoF patterns are applied in Eclipse, Michael's idea was more to find and describe new patterns which are specific to Eclipse
- (old) Michael to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
- (old) Mik to create initial "architectural walkthrough" material for Mylyn -- 1 wiki page not too large, send link to the mailing list
- (old) Tools and Tech PMC's to encourage incubating grandfathered projects find a mentor
- (old) Cedric, Tom talk to their PMCs about making AC representation official (can be 2 backup reps)
- (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
- Dave Carver to blog about bugzilla best practices
- Wayne to E-mail e.o-committers after that