Architecture Council/Meetings/October 9 2014
< Architecture Council | Meetings
Revision as of 11:43, 9 October 2014 by Marcel.bruch.gmail.com (→Marcel: Defect Auto Reporting Update)
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday October 9, 2014 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|DTP:||Brian Payton|| |
|Mylyn:||Steffen Pingel|| |
|| Tom Watson|
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham|| |
- In attendance: Neil Hauge, Ian Bull, Marcel Bruch, Eike Stepper, Steffen Pingel, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Christian Campo,
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Ian: p2 going to be folded back into Equinox
- Ian: EclipseCon NA CFP is out
- Wayne: LocationTech using their own Nexus Repo - looking reasonable
Marcel: Defect Auto Reporting Update
- System is not quite ready for production yet, but here are some interim statistics:
- Got 1500 error reports in last 4 weeks, of which approx 650 were actually distinct; trimmed down to approx 400 bug reports through duplicate detection
- Roughly 50 marked as cuased by 3rd party plugins (Sourceforge, checkstyle, Android, ...)
- Roughly 40 marked up as user error (wrong URL entered, ...)
- Roughly 50 moved to other projects for examination
- Roughly 10-15 fixed already
- Roughly 250 still open reports not classified yet (due to not enough detail in error messages or stack traces) ; tweaking the system to give more details, hopefully fixed for M3
- Happy that projects like Marketplace Client, JDT, PDE make extensive use of the reports - some issues fixed within less than 1 hour
- Ideas and help would be appreciated -- reviewing new reports takes approx. 1/2 hour per day.
- System is integrated into the EPP packages for Committers, and Modeling with Mars M2 and available from Code Recommenders Milestones update site; 75 users in past 7 days, 350 all-time users ; can't tell which distribution channel is most effective
- URL of the system had to be changed due to EMO Security policies, thus not publicly available yet
- Trying out new ideas very quickly, sometimes breaking the old links
- Will send E-Mail with details
Wayne: new AC Members
- 2 AC Votes never finalized - AI Wayne nominate one, AI Martin finalize the other
- Need more Mentors !!! - People like Ed Merks, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Eike Stepper taking a lot of the job ... would greatly appreciate
- Small group of people working on a Vision for the Eclipse Platform over the next 3 years meeting approx weekly - using the platform-vision mailing list archive
- Desktop, and Cloud ... representatives from the respective projects (Platform, Flux, Orion, J)
- Need more on Maven, and Gradle
- Ian: Markus Knauer might have good input
Eike: Standard Package has been Renamed to Committers
- Standard Package not only relabelled / renamed, but changed the IU ID's, thus Standard package cannot update any more
- Wayne: Got lots of E-Mails where people downloaded "Standard" and then complained about things like Maven etc missing ... which they would really expect in a Java package
- Thus standard moved down
- Eike will bring up on cross-project
- New AC Member candidates
- Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
- Updates from the Board or the EMO
- No new action items.
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated