Architecture Council/Meetings/Meeting Notes
This page captures meeting notes of the Eclipse Architecture Council. Please add topics for the next call to the backlog, but not during a call!
- Update from EMO (Wayne/Gunnar)
- Infrastructure Update (Denis)
(Please add agenda items/topics for discussion here.)
- New candidates for Architecture Council Membership (Wayne)
March 12, 2020
- Infrastructure Update
- New servers ready to go to replace servers that failed last month. ETA next week.
- Better hardware and 10 GBit technology will make things much better in the backend.
- EMO Update
- Wayne thanked for feedback to IP tooling received so far. It's helpful. Please provide more feedback if you can.
- Next steps are to make a repository available and bring tooling to the Eclipse Dash project and make it available.
- As of today, CQs for known license sources of 3rd party content is no longer required.
- 3rd-party Mailing Lists
- Emily made us aware of an ask to send committer nomination emails to mailing lists outside Eclipse.org. While the PMI cannot do it easily, there is a workaround by subscribing the external mailing list to the Eclipse.org mailing list.
- Anonymous contributions (Jonah)
- A GitHub account as contributor is ok, it can be traced back to an individual.
- An ECA must be signed in any case. This requires a real email address and this is sufficient.
- EMO expectation to committers is to monitor and catch/report shenanigans.
- The handbook wording needs an updated and will investigated separately.
- Parallel IP (Jonah)
- Wayne explained that Parallel IP is now the standard way of doing things at Eclipse.
- The code can go in early but a release needs to wait for full review.
- It's important to put release records in to PMI as early as possible. The IP team will use the dates to prioritize their work.
January 9, 2020
- Welcome Noopur to the AC
- No other topics so end the meeting early
Older meeting notes can be found in Architecture Council/Meetings/Archive.