Architecture Council/Meetings/January 14 2016
< Architecture Council | Meetings
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday Jan 14, 2016 at 1100 Ottawa |
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|BIRT:||Wenfeng Li||Wenbin He|
|DTP:||Brian Payton||Linda Chan|
|Eclipse:||Mike Wilson||John Arthorne|
|Modeling:||Ed Merks|| Cédric Brun|
|Mylyn:||Steffen Pingel||Mik Kersten|
|RT:||Christian Campo|| Tom Watson|
|SOA:||Adrian Mos||Marc Dutoo|
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham||Neil Hauge|
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Feel free to fill in, but not during the meeting :)
- (Denis) USS SDK: http://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/uss.git/
- (Denis) SPAM: Wiki, Bugzilla, Forums
Role of the AC
- Recent postings by Ed Merks on cross-projects ignited some architecture related (online) discussions
- Why don't we have such discussions on the AC Calls ?
- Committers don't know an AC exists
- Maybe a 2-day F2F meeting is overdue, to come up with 10 or 20 concrete recommendations that projects should do
- Pascal suggests a Form for committers to ask "How do I..." kind of questions
- Doug: The new Mattermost initiative has great potential hooking folks together
- Martin: Recommendations make sense where an issue hurts?
- AI Martin send link to the previous top 10 recommendations