Skip to main content

Notice: This Wiki is now read only and edits are no longer possible. Please see: for the plan.

Jump to: navigation, search

Architecture Council/Meetings/February 13 2014

< Architecture Council‎ | Meetings
Revision as of 13:20, 13 February 2014 by Unnamed Poltroon (Talk)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday February 13, 2014 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call, then enter pin 51968.


All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
Doug Clarke
Ian Bull
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Neil Hauge

All Attendees

  • In attendance: Steffen Pingel, Eike Stepper, Michael Scharf, Chuck Bridgham, Brian Payton, Andrew Overholt, Jonas Helming, Krum Tsvetkov, Marcel Bruch, Tom Watson, Doug Schaefer
  • Regrets: Martin O, Linda Chan, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Denis Roy, Maximilian Kögel, Benjamin Cabé, Neil Hauge
  • No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Ian Bull, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Doug Clarke, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Achim Lörke, Markus Knauer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Bernd Kolb

Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Please fill in here
  • Council meeting at EclipseCon - Sunday March 16 at 1600-1700 (joint meeting with Planning Council)
    • Wayne and Ian will set the agenda and run the meeting. See you there!
    • No desire expressed for any additional meetings.

General Topics

  • Welcome Bernd Kolb
    • Bernd was not on the call, so Wayne took a few minutes to talk about Bernd's past and ongoing contributions to the AC. Bernd had represented a strategic member on the AC in the past; he probably should have been nominated immediately after that role was changed as he was an active mentor at the time. This is something that we need to keep in mind in the future.
  • Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
    • Wayne discussed some of the work that's been done by the IT team with regard to hosting project repositories on GitHub, including hooks to check for CLAs, and set up GitHub groups to ensure that only designated committers can push to official project repositories.
  • Marcel: Logging at Eclipse
    • AFAICT SLF4J allows reading the configuration and dynamic reconfiguration of the system (with limitations). Proposing
      • a small "logging center" based on SLF4J that allows to change log levels at runtime,
      • offering a GSOC to create a prototype which can be presented to the larger eclipse community to drive the discussion.
      • Goal/question for this meeting: is SLF4J the technology a broader logging solution should be based on?
  • New member candidates
    • Three new members were discussed. Doug and Andrew will formally nominate one, Wayne will formally nominate the others.
  • Updates from the Board or the EMO
    • No board members were in attendance.
    • Wayne offered that he informally understands that the revisions to the EDP have been approved by the board.

Action Items

  • No new action items.
  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting

Back to the top