Architecture Council/Meetings/August 10 2017
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday August 10, 2017 at 1100 Ottawa |
HTML | iCal
- In attendance: Carl Anderson, Mikael Barbero, Maximilian Kögel, Alex Kurtakov, Martin Lippert, Dani Megert, Martin O, Torkild Resheim, Doug Schaefer
- Regrets: Christian Campo, Jonas Helming, Jim Hughes, Mickael Istria, Alexander Nyßen, Matthias Sohn, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, Gunnar Wagenknecht
#PMC_Rep_Attendees see also below.
Agenda / Notes
- Mikael: Status on migrating Platform SWT Windows build to Foundation servers ?
- Dani: Not yet ready for broader discussion, there's license compliance issues and more.
- Martin: Infrastructure issues with Eclipse Asterisk unstable
- Eclipse PMC had been hit by this recently, others currently not affected
- Maximilian: Eclipse p2 target platform resolution unstable
- For his teams, target platform resolution still often fails due to Eclipse.org servers unavailable
- Seems no problem in North America, but hitting people in Europe
- Currently considering a local mirror of "everything" and redirecting p2 to that, perhaps via artifactory
- But the team is very distributed, so would prefer a mirroring service over that - still researching;
- Do others see this issue? Workarounds?
- Torkild: Also seeing this problem all the time!
- Solution: Bash script creates a target_platform ZIP file that they use; updating only a couple times per year
- Doug: Updating the Target Platform every night, and resolving locally - still seeing mirroring failures sometimes
- ACTION Maximilian to create bugzilla for broader discussion of solution ideas / workarounds
- MartinL: Any final decision on shipping Java9 ?
- Carl: Planning Council decided on Oxygen.1 first, then shipping Oxygen.1a 2 weeks later -- see https://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/August_2_2017#Discussion for details
PMC Rep Attendees
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|Eclipse:||Dani Megert|| |
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer||Alex Kurtakov|
|WTP:||Carl Anderson|| |