Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/April 14 2016"

Line 30: Line 30:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''BIRT:'''  
 
| '''BIRT:'''  
| Wenfeng Li
+
| <strike>Wenfeng Li</strike>
| Wenbin He
+
| <strike>Wenbin He</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''DTP:'''  
 
| '''DTP:'''  
| Brian Payton
+
| <strike>Brian Payton</strike>
| Linda Chan
+
| <strike>Linda Chan</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
 
| Dani Megert
 
| Dani Megert
| Mike Wilson
+
| <strike>Mike Wilson</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
| Ed Merks
+
| <strike>Ed Merks</strike>
| Cédric Brun<br>Eike Stepper
+
| Eike Stepper
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
| Steffen Pingel
+
| <strike>Steffen Pingel</strike>
| Mik Kersten
+
| <strike>Mik Kersten</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''RT:'''  
 
| '''RT:'''  
| Christian Campo
+
| </strike>Christian Campo<strike>
| Tom Watson<br>Doug Clarke<br>Ian Bull
+
|
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''SOA:'''  
 
| '''SOA:'''  
| Adrian Mos
+
| <strike>Adrian Mos</strike>
| Marc Dutoo
+
| <strike>Marc Dutoo</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Technology:'''  
 
| '''Technology:'''  
| Gunnar Wagenknecht
+
| <strike>Gunnar Wagenknecht</strike>
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
|-
 
|-
Line 66: Line 66:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''WTP:'''  
 
| '''WTP:'''  
| Chuck Bridgham
+
| <strike>Chuck Bridgham</strike>
| Neil Hauge
+
| <strike>Neil Hauge</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''LocationTech:'''
 
| '''LocationTech:'''
 
| Jim Hughes
 
| Jim Hughes
 +
|
 +
|-
 +
| '''IoT:'''
 +
| Julien Damien
 
|
 
|
 
|}
 
|}
Line 76: Line 80:
 
===All Attendees===
 
===All Attendees===
  
* '''In attendance:''' Eike, Matthias, Lars, Martin, Dani, Jim Hughes, Krum Tsvetkov, Maximilian Koegel, Julien (IoT PMC), Marcel Bruch, Wayne Beaton, Doug Schaefer
+
* '''In attendance:''' Wayne Beaton, Marcel Bruch, Julien Damien (IoT PMC), Jim Hughes, Maximilian Koegel, Matthias, Dani Megert, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, Lars Vogel
 
* '''Regrets:'''  
 
* '''Regrets:'''  
  
Line 156: Line 160:
 
==== Mentoring ====
 
==== Mentoring ====
 
* Wayne: We still have some challenge with mentoring - will need to talk in a follow-up meeting
 
* Wayne: We still have some challenge with mentoring - will need to talk in a follow-up meeting
 
* Eclipse Che
 
 
<!---
 
==== Welcome New Members ====
 
* Tyler Jewell representing strategic member CodeEnvy
 
See [[Architecture Council/Members and Mentors]], and the [http://www.eclipse.org/org/foundation/council.php#architecture Councils Page]
 
 
* Time to prune some members that have been dormant for long ?
 
 
=== General Topics ===
 
 
* '''New AC Member candidates'''
 
* '''Eclipse Infrastructure''' - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
 
* '''Updates from the Board or the EMO'''
 
  
 
== Action Items  ==
 
== Action Items  ==
 
+
* Wayne to dbl check on new member candidates
*No new action items.
+
* Martin and Wayne to join Mattermost during AC Calls
*Cleaned up old action items, see [[Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011]] for old stuff
+
* Wayne to fill in details of Trademarks doc
*(''old'') '''Tim''' write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
+
* Wayne to schedule a FEEP call
*(''old'') '''Martin''' revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
+
* Wayne to provide EclipseCon F2F minutes
*(''old'') '''Martin''' {{bug|315210}} Make the AC mailing list open / moderated
+
--->
+
  
 
== Next Meeting  ==
 
== Next Meeting  ==

Revision as of 12:13, 14 April 2016

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday Apr 14, 2016 at 1100 Ottawa
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland (local call anywhere in Switzerland) +41-44-580-2115
  • Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Dani Megert Mike Wilson
Modeling: Ed Merks Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: </strike>Christian Campo
SOA: <strike>Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Neil Hauge
LocationTech: Jim Hughes
IoT: Julien Damien

All Attendees

  • In attendance: Wayne Beaton, Marcel Bruch, Julien Damien (IoT PMC), Jim Hughes, Maximilian Koegel, Matthias, Dani Megert, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, Lars Vogel
  • Regrets:


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Feel free to fill in, but not during the meeting :)

Welcome New Members

  • Jim Hughes joining for LocationTech
    • Mathematician working as a Software Developer, interested in Math underpinnings of GMaza (in the Hadoop Ecosystem)
    • Getting that project through the EMO's IP Review, been doing some other work on Locationtech
    • Started SFCurve, for distributed indexing; also got a proposal for GeoBench
  • Julien Damien
    • Working for Sierra Wireless - security expert (authentication, encryption, ...)
    • Project lead for lightweight M2M and committer on Wakaama and Californium

Wayne: New Member proposals

Trademarks

  • Want to get more consistent usage of the term "Eclipse" on homepages, and especially external websites (like Mosquito.org or Github)
  • Want a public transparent discussion
  • Jim: Dealing with the Eclipse.org homepage was problematic so far, external organizations have been easier to deal with

Lars: Mattermost Channel during meetings

  • AI Wayne and Martin to join mattermost during discussions

FEEP Work

  • Missing a public list of work being worked on (as per message from Dani) - AI Wayne check with Paul
    • Eclipse PMC was taken by surprise at some work happening - need to ensure there are committer resources for reviewing
    • Would need a better channel for communication
    • Mickael would be in a better position to discuss
    • Lars: One obvious missing piece is asking projects, if projects actually want the work requested by the AC ?
    • Wayne: FEEP should not be different than any other contribution - follow existing models
  • Many list of items not claimed yet -- any need to change anything on the process ?
    • Wayne: AC did exactly what they were asked to
    • Suggest a forum with Paul and Mickael, how to better define work that people can reasonably do
  • Should the EMO put more focus on sustainable solutions: going the extra mile to do it right
    • Wayne: should not be different than
    • Somebody who takes FEEP funding still has to play by the rules;
    • Doug: Need to manage expectations on what we get out of the program .. as well as what bidders can get
    • Martin so it sounds like there are learnings for now:
      • It's aceeptable for a project to reject a FEEP contribution if it doesn't satisfy quality needs
      • Projects should review proposals early and add constraints where necessary - in order to help bidders estimate size of the work
  • AI Wayne suggest meeting time and invite interested parties
  • Julien: as FEEP is primarily for IDE, why is it an AC topic and not a PMC one ?
    • Doug: AC is across all the projects ... don't have the IDE body (yet) but would probably need it
    • Martin: Keep AC as a "wide" body of attendees, fork out to subgroups as needed

Great Fixes for Neon

  • Wayne queried the Git commit index to find contributions; will announce first 2 winners soon

EclipseCon F2F =

  • The Google Hangout worked so-so for Marcel and Martin
  • Wayne: Concept was OK but need to work on the technology
  • AI Wayne transcribe his notes to proper meeting minutes

Mentoring

  • Wayne: We still have some challenge with mentoring - will need to talk in a follow-up meeting

Action Items

  • Wayne to dbl check on new member candidates
  • Martin and Wayne to join Mattermost during AC Calls
  • Wayne to fill in details of Trademarks doc
  • Wayne to schedule a FEEP call
  • Wayne to provide EclipseCon F2F minutes

Next Meeting

Back to the top