Ant/How to add new Ant versions
|Mailing List • Forums • IRC • mattermost|
|Open • Help Wanted • Bug Day|
This wiki discusses the steps to add a new version of Apache Ant to the Eclipse platform. The intended audience is committers, but everyone is free to contribute versions.
How it works
Eclipse consumes Apache Ant from Orbit as a 'normal' Eclipse bundle rather than try to integrate Apache Ant as-is. Below is a quick overview of the process, with the following sections providing more details.
A quick overview of the process:
- Ant is taken from Apache site and converted to the Orbit bundle format.
- A CQ is opened to get legal approval to use the new version
- Once approved, the new version is added to Orbit
- Smokes testing and test builds are done
- Assuming no problems - the platform is updated