Android Selector 1.1
This page describes the Android solution being developed for Higgins 1.1.
This is a standalone Android application that can be launched automatically from a relying party website. For more information about Information Cards and Selectors visit http://informationcard.net
End User Perspective
The Android I-Card Selector allows users to use their I-Cards at relying parties.
This component only works at relying parties that explicitly support it.
Installation on Windows
First of all, you must have installed Android SDK (at now 1.6 version). If ANDROID_SDK environment variable not setted, do next:
- set ANDROID_SDK variable;
- update PATH variable with you ANDROID_SDK variable.
Install *.apk files
Unpack archive and go (in command-line) to directory with unpacked files and run command (or execute install_apk.bat)
for /r %i in (*.apk) do adb install %i
The Android I-Card Selector uses the following settings:
- CardSync Service endpoint
- username and password of existing account
The projects are:
These projects can be checked out from the Eclipse repository at the following SVN URIs:
In order to build the Android I-Card Selector, you need the following:
- The latest version of Android SDK.
- The latest version of Android source code.
- The Apache Ant or Eclipse with ADT (Android Development Tools).
- GNU Make 3.81 (or later) or Eclipse with CDT.
To build all in Eclipse you need the following steps:
- Check out all these projects from SVN (you can do it with Subversive plug-in).
- Add ksoap2-android library into the classpath of service project.
- Build Selector and Service.
- Set up ANDROID_BUILD_TOP and ANDROID_SDK variables in the properties of NPAPI (Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Environment).
- Build NPAPI (with run Android emulator or device).
Components, Packages & Services
- I-Card NPAPI plugin - This is a native NPAPI Android browser plugin. It processes objects with MIME type "application/x-informationcard".
- I-Card Selector - This is an Android application.
- I-Card Service Proxy (formerly Local I-Card Service) - This is the Android service that communicates with the remote I-Card Service 1.1. It caches cards, synchronizes them and implements simple ISS (I-Card Selector Service) logic.