Android Selector 1.1
The Android Selector 1.1 allows users to login to websites by auto-filling un/pw fields from their Android mobile device.
Although we call this solution a selector it does NOT currently support the IMI protocol, only un/pw form filling. The Username/password data is persisted on (non-IMI-compliant) cards on a hosted I-Card Service.
This page describes the Android solution being developed for Higgins 1.1
End User Perspective
The Android I-Card Selector allows users to manage, preview and delete i-cards, as well as to select and use them at relying parties.
This component only works at relying parties that explicitly support it. See the Relying Parties section of this page for more information.
The projects are:
These projects can be checked out from the Eclipse repository at the following SVN URIs:
In order to build the Android I-Card Selector, you need the following:
- The last version of Android SDK.
- The last version of Android source code.
- The Apache Ant or Eclipse with ADT (Android Development Tools).
- GNU Make 3.81 (or later) or Eclipse with CDT.
Components, Packages & Services
- I-Card NPAPI plugin - This is a native NPAPI Android browser plugin. It processes objects with MIME type "application/x-informationcard".
- I-Card Selector - This is an Android application.
- I-Card Service Proxy (formerly Local I-Card Service) - This is the Android service that communicates with the remote I-Card Service 1.1. It caches cards, synchronizes them and implements simple ISS (I-Card Selector Service) logic.