An auto-configuration plugin for Eclipse
- Ogechi Nnadi (IRC: onnadi3)
- Markus Alexander Kuppe (IRC: lemmy) Blog: http://www.lemmster.de
- Remy Chi Jian Suen (IRC: rcjsuen)
Many Eclipse plugins require the user to specify the location of certain programs or services running locally in order for them to work. Having humans do this is unnecessary since services are commonly installed in only a few fixed locations. Thus I propose writing an Eclipse plugin that uses a number of heuristics to locate local services that other Eclipse plugins need. I also propose including a number of utilities that enable developers to easily write, extend, and distribute these service 'scanners.'
Applications / Services that should be detected
- JDK/JRE, GCC, Python, Perl, etc.
- Apache Http server, Apache Tomcat, Jetty