Difference between revisions of "An auto-configuration plugin for Eclipse"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
*1 June 2007
*1 June 2007 Create a compilable plug-in in the cvs repository that takes a collection of possible URIs and returns any JDKs found in those locations.
Revision as of 12:23, 27 May 2007
This project aims to design an Eclipse plugin that allows the binaries required by other Eclipse plugins to be automatically located.
- Ogechi Nnadi (IRC: onnadi3)
- Markus Alexander Kuppe (IRC: lemmy) Blog: http://www.lemmster.de
- Remy Chi Jian Suen (IRC: rcjsuen)
We meet on Saturdays at 9:30am EDT/7:00pm IST in the #eclipse-soc channel on irc.freenode.net.
- 1 June 2007 Create a compilable plug-in in the cvs repository that takes a collection of possible URIs and returns any JDKs found in those locations.
Applications / Services that should be detected
- JDK/JRE, GCC, Python, Perl, etc.
- Blobs of documentation (javadoc, PoD, Doxygen), preferably linked to the resources they document
- Apache Http server, Apache Tomcat, Jetty
- bzip2,gzip,rar,arj,... (for deployment and browsing into archives)
- An EFS provider that allows browsing into such archives like folders might be a nice side project
- Cygwin (including auto-detect of cygwin mount points and path translation)
- An EFS provider that shows the cygwin local filesystem might be a nice side project