Revision as of 13:44, 2 July 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com (New page: == WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-06-28 == === Attendees === === Announcements === :*July 12th - 2.0 debriefing meeting, discuss what worked, what didn't, suggestions for 3.0, p...)
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-06-28
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-06-28
- July 12th - 2.0 debriefing meeting, discuss what worked, what didn't, suggestions for 3.0, please update the wiki now!
- July 19th - WTP 3.0 planning and possible Raleigh area kick off and get together.
WTP Release 1.5.5 Schedule - Remember 2 votes are required for PMC approval for 1.5.5.
- June 15 M Build
- June 29 M Build
- July 13 M Build
- July 27 M Build
- Aug 10 M Build
- Aug 17 RC1
- Aug 24 RC2
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- June 15 M Build
- If you fix a 1.5.5 bug, please open a separate 2.0.1 bug. I don't think we need a separate 3.0 bug, but don't forget to release the fix to head as well for the 3.0 stream! Isn't 3 streams fun?
- Build Status?
- Please smoke test and update the wiki to declare this week's WTP 1.5.5 build.
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (~1)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~5)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~4)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~3)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~5)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~24)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~12)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~24)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- Investigate not showing web service access errors, David?
- Investigate adding section for know bugs and limitations from investigations into access warnings.
- Bug Lists
- 2.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~7) By Assignee
- PMC Approved but still unresolved (~3)
- Bugs Fixed in all RC's (~259)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Bugs (~4)
- 2.0 Bugs Awaiting PMC Approval (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0 Blockers/Criticals (~2)
- 2.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~737)
- 2.0 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~180)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- M1 schedule
- Bug Lists
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~95) 40 in J2EE components
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~548)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3140)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~58)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~224)
- All API Requests (~9)
- Java EE 5
- JEE5 Test Scenarios
- When opening related defects, add "JEE5-UC" in the Status Whiteboard
- Bob F ?
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Running Performance and API tests
- Known Issues
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
API Violations Review
- Visit latest build for current API violations.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development