Revision as of 12:37, 19 June 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-06-21
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-06-21
- June 15 M Build
- June 29 M Build
- July 13 M Build
- July 27 M Build
- Aug 10 M Build
- Aug 17 RC1
- Aug 24 RC2
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- June 15 M Build
- If you fix a 1.5.5 bug, please open a separate 2.0 bug and get 2.0 approvals to get the bug into the 2.0 stream as well.
- Build Status
- No declared M Build this week
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (~0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~2)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~3)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~4)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~23)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~12)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~27)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- Please review the Europa Final Daze shutdown plan.
June 2007 Platform +1 WTP Europa GA June 29 June 29 June 29
- Europa To Do's
- Do some install testing from the Europa Discovery Site
- Early remote update site: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/europa/staging/
- Try running WST without installing JDT.
- Try installing everything from RC2 Europa and run through normal scenarios.
- Be sure to also test with different features installed in different locations.
- Open bugs on Cross-Project bugzilla component under Community if you see any issues when installing all of Europa.
- The 2.0 release main page is ready for review. It includes:
- June 25th - June 29th, WTP RC4
June 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 25
Europa level testing
WTP 2.0 Shutdown Vote
Test Staged Europa Updates
WTP Officially Uploaded to Europa
Europa GA Declared!!
- RC4 declared?
- Smoke Tests?
- Functional Tests?
- Versioning issues compared with 1.5.4 - Please review the versioning report on the build pages.
- Bug Lists
- 2.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~8) By Assignee
- PMC Approved but still unresolved (~0)
- Bugs Fixed in all RC's (~236)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted RC4 Defects (~12)
- 2.0 Bugs Awaiting PMC Approval (~1)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~1)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 2.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 2.0 Blockers/Criticals (~3)
- 2.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~716)
- 2.0 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~179)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Bugs (~12)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~79) 52 in J2EE components
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~586)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3074)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~58)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~209)
- All API Requests (~9)
- Java EE 5
- JEE5 Test Scenarios
- When opening related defects, add "JEE5-UC" in the Status Whiteboard
- Bob F ?
- WTP 2.0.1 - We will not officially branch to a maintenance stream until 2.0 is declared. For now, you can use your own private branch for 2.0.1 or 3.0 work because we want to keep head pristine as well, just in case we need to rebuild a plug-in and so we can tag all plugins with a 2.0 version before branching. Instructions on branching to follow, not sure if we branch all or branch as needed.
- WTP 2.0.1 will be a Europa coordinated maintenance release, but they have not released that schedule as of yet.
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Running Performance and API tests
- Known Issues
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
API Violations Review
- Visit latest build for current API violations.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development