Revision as of 12:13, 4 April 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-04-05
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-04-05
- Friday is a holiday in Canada.
- Interesting discussion about possible removal of remind and later resolved states - 178923.
- Take a look at the new New WTP 2.0 Plan document published by Raghu and make any updates or changes.
- 04/05 - M-build released
- 04/19 - RC1 released. PMC will only approve stop-ship bugs during the last two weeks
- 05/04 - 1.5.4 declared
- Build Status
- Please smoke test latest build to declare as the M Build this week.
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.4 (0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~12)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~41) J2EE=20, WebServices=9
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- 1.5.4 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~3)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bug Requests (~3)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bugs (~3)
- 1.5.4 Blockers, Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.4 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~26)
- 1.5.4 Total Bugs Fixed (~22)
- Remaining Europa Timeline
March 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP M7 - RC0 May 04 May 11 May 18 RCn... Europa Jun 29 Jun 29 Jun 29
- Europa To Do's
- Move WS bundles to orbit - Pushed back to RC0 to mitigate risks to M6 stability
- Build Status
- Please smoke test and update wiki with approval to declare M6
- New and Noteworthy
- The webtools/development/news/2.0M6 folder has been populated by starter files.
- Committers should post their writeups or alternately attachments can be made to 179645.
- We need this ready for Friday when we declare M6.
- JSF Changes?
- Existing JSF Web applications require manual migration steps? Raghu? Any more info or document link?
- Externalized String Bugs
- Adopter Breakages
- Open bugs against releng if you see issues with any of the tools.
- Bug Lists
- Bugzilla Enhancements Targeted for 2.0 M6 (0)
- 2.0 Resolved, Unverified (~205) SSE=56,Server=49,Dali=25,J2EE=14
- 2.0 Verified, Not closed (~0)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted M6 Defects (~50)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0 Targeted Blockers, Criticals (~3)
- 2.0 Untargeted Blockers, Criticals (~0)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- 2.0 Total Bugs Fixed (~301)
- 2.0 JPA Total Bugs Fixed (~48)
- Following M6, we will have a shutdown and fix milestone called RC0.
- Target RC0 added to bugzilla for Web Tools
- Raghu - Can you add a 2.0 RC0 target for JSF in bugzilla?
- This work will be deferred to RC0.
- Known Issues
- Switch the 2.0 performance tests baseline to be the latest 1.5.x
- The XSD and WSDL tests are not running. Adding them causes the suite to hang. Needs investigation.
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Assign component lead ownership to the specific test suites
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~85) J2EE=34,JPA=13,JSF=7
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (254)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (2878) SSE=900,J2EE=650,WebServices=325
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~79)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~203) J2EE=52,SSE=28,WS=21,WSDL=18 Take this as a to do in the upcoming weeks as we shut down 2.0.
- All API Requests (9)
- JEE5 Scenarios
- JEE 5 Model extensibility - This issue has been addressed by Chuck.
- Bob F?
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Running Performance and API tests
- Stay tuned for a suggested generic WTP project level compiler setting to add to every project
- Prerequisite Update Rhythm
- Any committer can also request the prereqs be updated at any additional time.
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- EclipseWorld2007, 11/6/2007-11/8/2007 in Reston, VA. The deadline for abstracts is 4/17/2007.
- WTP 2.0 Ramp down plan - Please note the early API freeze and shutdown dates.
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Usage Reports and Scans