VJET/Releasing a New Version
Follow these steps if you want to release a new version of Spray. Later we plan to leverage the Maven Release Plugin to facilitate these steps.
Increasing memory for maven
1. Pull the latest state from the repository (make sure you stash any unstaged files)
2. Open a command-line and start at the root directory of the org.eclipse.vjet.all repository
3. Set project version to release version with the Tycho Versions plugin
mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=0.1.0
4. Manually change the /org.eclipse.vjet.all/eclipse/features/org.eclipse.vjet.all.repo/category.xml file.Replace 0.1.0.qualifier by 0.1.0
5. Execute a Maven build with goals clean verify to assure that everything builds
mvn clean verify
6.Commit the changed files
git submodule foreach 'git commit -a -m "prepare for release"'
7. Push changes to git.eclipse.org and fire off build... (once build is successful you have 0.1.0 version on nightly site)
git submodule foreach 'git push'
7. Create a release tag with pattern v<version> (pending success of build) 
git submodule foreach 'git tag v0.1.0'
8. Increment to next development version
mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=0.2.0-SNAPSHOT
9. Manually change the /org.eclipse.vjet.all/eclipse/features/org.eclipse.vjet.all.repo/category.xml file.
10. Replace 0.1.0 by 0.2.0.qualifier Execute a Maven build with goals clean verify to assure that everything builds
mvn clean verify
11. Commit the changes
git submodule foreach 'git commit -a -m "increment to next development version"'
12. After Hudson job is finished push the changes including the tag to the server
git submodule foreach 'git --tags push origin master' # for parent project git --tags push origin master
13. Copy built directory into downloads directory
14. Archive old directory
15. Announce the release on the vjet-dev mailing list
Need to check for any bundle-versions qualifiers that were specific to earlier version.
Adapted from  Spray Release Guide
<span style="line-height: 1.5em;" /> http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/spray/wiki/DevGuide_Release