Visual Editor Project
(Redirected from VE)
The Visual Editor project has been archived and is no longer active. The WindowBuilder project is the current tool for "visual" WYSIWIG editing of AWT/Swing, SWT/JFace, and GWT user interfaces in Eclipse.
The Eclipse Visual Editor project is a platform for creating GUI builders within Eclipse. The project currently provides support for WYSIWYG editing of Swing/AWT and SWT/RCP user interfaces.
NOTE: Current official builds of the Visual Editor require Eclipse 3.2 (Callisto).
The Visual Editor is currently supported on the following platforms:
- Win32 - Swing/AWT, SWT
- GTK2/x86 - Swing/AWT, SWT
- GTK2/x86_64 - Swing/AWT, SWT
- GTK2/ppc - Swing/AWT, SWT
- Motif - Swing/AWT
- Mac OS X 10.4 - Swing, SWT
SWT development requires Java 1.4.2 or later.
- How To Install VE 1.4 for Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede / Eclipse 3.5 Galileo (subject to change, unsupported)
- How To Install VE 1.3 for Eclipse 3.3 Europa / Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede (subject to change, unsupported)
- Roadmap for the VE 1.3 Release
- VE Documentation
- 1.4.0 - 30 Sep 2009 (requires Eclipse 3.4/3.5)
- 1.2.3_jem - 30 Jan 2007 (requires Eclipse 3.2)
- 1.2.1 - 26 Sep 2006
- 126.96.36.199 - 7 Sep 2005
- 188.8.131.52 - 29 Jun 2005
- 184.108.40.206 - 22 Oct 2004
- 0.5.0 - 5 Dec 2003