Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Talk:EclipseLink/UserGuide/JPA/Advanced JPA Development/Platform Specific Configurations
I can't find any information about Platform Specific Configurations in any of the following:
- old EclipseLink User Guide (ELUG) (I searched for "MySQL" and "DB2" through the PDF and found nothing)
- EclipseLink JPA Examples/Tutorials (http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA)
I did find this section in the old TopLink User Guide: "Database Platforms" at http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14571_01/web.1111/b32441/daun.htm#CACBHFGE. That led me to the following Javadoc:
Is that what should be documented here? Are there any examples somewhere that show how to use these APIs?[Ben Gelernter]
- There is some info on our Oracle specific support here
- For the other platforms you would document what database specific features we support on them, and any common issue with the platform.
- It may be a good idea to include all or most of the platforms, instead of just the three (Postgres, MaxDB, SQL Server, Sybase, etc.).
- James.sutherland.oracle.com 12:52, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
As you can see, I combined all the supported database and app server info into this one topic. All the details come from the Javadoc--plus the list of features for Oracle Databse come from the support page James references above. [Ben Gelernter 4/27/11]