|Download • Git|
|Forums • Blog • Twitter • G+|
Eclipse Scout (Indigo Release)
Scout release review documentation
- Scout Indigo Documentation - Release documentation
For access to all projects see the following [overview]
Link to project plan as [XML document]
New and Noteworthy
Eclipse Scout is a new Eclipse project shipped for the first time with the Indigo release train.
- Eclipse Scout is a mature and open framework for modern, service oriented business applications.
- Scout substantially boosts developer productivity and is simple to learn.
- User friendly applications are straight forward to implement with Scout’s comprehensive set of user interface components.
- Completely based on Java/Eclipse, Scout Applications are easy to integrate in most IT environments.
New Featurs in Scout Core
- Column Filter
New column filter feature. Scout Tables now have a column filter feature that allows simple content based filtering.
- Memory Policy
Introduction of a memory policy for Scout clients. Based on the memory policy defined a scout client may uses different caching mechanisms for the construction and handling of outlines.
- Dynamic Log-Level Setting
Log-Levels can be defined/changed at runtime for Scout applications.
New Features in Scout SDK
- Scout Object Properties show Tool Tips
- Automatic Form Data Creation
- Context Menu "Export to WAR" on Server Node of Scout Explorer
- Tickets in Scout 3.7.0
- Tickets in Scout 3.7.1
- Tickets in Scout 3.7.2
Ramp down Policy
We use daily builds. No API changes after M6, no new features after M7. In the RC phase only bugs marked P2 or higher or severity major or higher will be fixed.
Unit tests are executed during the nightly build of Eclipse Scout RT and Eclipse Scout SDK. The test suites contain simple unit tests as well as GUI tests. The latter are based on Scout's testing support bundles which is built on top of java.awt.Robot. Therefore our GUI tests require a fully-fledged desktop environment. The tests are currently executed on BSI's infrastructure.
project metrics for Eclipse Scout provided on [ohloh]