Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
|Download • Git|
|Forums • Blog • Twitter • G+|
Specific type of Fields that contains a value. Depending on the type of value, one of the child class needs to be considered.
Value fields allow the user to enter some values in the form. Scout provides different implementation of the value fields, in order to add properties and event specific to the type (MinValue on IntegerField, or InputMasked for StringField)
Type of Value Fields
- String Field
- Integer Field
- Long Field
- Double Field
- Date Field
- Time Field
- Boolean Field also called Checkbox Field
- Smart Field <T>
- Proposal Field <T> (<T> is not the type of the value field. Type is String)
- List Box <T>
- Tree Box <T>
- Radio Button Group <T>
Defined with getConfiguredXxxxxx() methods.
Defined with execXxxxxx() methods.
See also the Field page for the events that all fields have in common.
- ParseValue: event to define how the text (String) typed in the UI is converted in a value.
- ValidateValue: event to add business logic to define if the value is valid.
- FormatValue: event to define how the value is displayed in the field (as String). This function need to be "compatible" with ParseValue
- ChangedValue: At this point the validValue is accessible with getValue().