Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Platform Accessibility Testing
This page describes some useful techniques and tools to test your Eclipse application for accessibility issues.
- Switch to High Contrast mode. We support Windows XP High Contrast at 1152 x 764 as our test platform but others should be tested as well.
- Test with stock themes. If you cannot get a good colour setup with them also test with reduced palette.
- Switch to High Contrast Mode as above.
- Use large fonts and extra large fonts
- Turn up monitor resoltion and lower DPI
- Many people test for accessibility using a commercial tool such as Window Eyes or JAWs. Any failures with these tools should be verified using something that calls the MSAA API (on Windows) such as inspect32.