Planning Council/May 03 2017
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, May 03, 2017, at 1200 Noon Eastern|
|Dial in:|| (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)
Phone Numbers: (Check Asterisk/Numbers for more or current phone numbers.)
Members and Attendees
- Wayne Beaton, interim chair
- Frederic Gurr
- Mickael Barbero
- CA Technologies
- CEA LIST
- Codenvy, S.A. (Tyler Jewell)
- Ericsson AB (
Marc KhouzamMarc-Andre Laperle)
- IBM (Thomas Watson)
- itemis AG (Alexander Nyssen)
- OBEO (Melanie Bats)
- Oracle (Neil Hauge)
- Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) PMC (Gary Xue)
- Data Tools Platform PMC (Brian Payton)
- Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
- Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
- LocationTech Technology
- Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
- Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
- Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC (Ian Bull)
- Eclipse Science
- Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
- Technology PMC (Chris Aniszczyk)
- Tools Project PMC (Aleksandar Kurtakov)
- Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Carl Anderson)
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact Wayne Beaton if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
Previous meeting minutes
- Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.
- Aleksandar Kurtakov will replace Doug Schaefer as the Tools PMC representative.
"Java 9 Release"
- Finalize our plans with regard to a July Java 9 Release
- Should we deliver initial Java 9 support in a separate repository as suggested in the last meeting?
Neon.3 update problem
- Status report
- Are we on track for the next milestone?
- Any outstanding issues related to the HttpClient problem that also affected Neon.3?
- Which Guava version is intended for Oxygen? Ed Willink summoned to use 21.0.0 (http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg14350.html), while Orbit for Oxygen M6 still contains 15.0.0 only.