Planning Council/June 6 2018
Pay attention time has changed, the meeting is one hour earlier than before
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, June 6, 2018, at 11:00 EDT|
|Dial in:|| Topic: Planning Council Meeting
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,928841320# or +14086380968,,928841320#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 928 841 320 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf
Planning Council Chair: Melanie Bats
- Wayne Beaton
- Frederic Gurr
- Mikael Barbero
- CA Technologies
- CEA LIST
- Ericsson AB (Marc-Andre Laperle)
- IBM (Thomas Watson)
- itemis AG (Alexander Nyssen)
- Obeo (Melanie Bats)
- Oracle (Neil Hauge)
- Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) PMC (Gary Xue)
- Data Tools Platform PMC (Brian Payton)
- Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
- Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
- LocationTech Technology
- Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
- Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
- Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
- Eclipse Science
- Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
- Technology PMC (Chris Aniszczyk)
- Tools Project PMC (Aleksandar Kurtakov)
- Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Carl Anderson)
Previous meeting minutes
- Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.
- Photon status
- Post Photon SimRel status
Dani Megert, Martin Lippert, Tom Watson, Wayne Beaton, Tom Watson, Alex Kurtakov, Nick Boldt, Mélanie Bats
Everything is okay. Problems with Batik that had to be re-downgraded to 1.6 for several modeling projects (Sirius, Papyrus, Birt...) due t packaging problems in Orbit. Tips from Wim are no longer shown in a dialog in the EPPs.
Everyone is ok wit the proposed planning: https://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/2018-09/Simultaneous_Release_Plan
The name issue was again discussed. Only Month-Year will be visible in the dialog, in the splaschscreen & in the about dialog.
Wayne will work on the opt-in process for July or August. Handfull projects are the same years after years, not evolving. Question was asked by Wayne if we should make a policy for that ?
Architecture council updates the EDP, early days nothing to report yet.
More and more re-spins occured during the last milestones. It was discussed how we should avoid that ? RC should contain only bugs fixes. How could we enforce that ? Should we provide a policy ? Some projects are not paying attention leading to late contribution.