Skip to main content

Notice: This Wiki is now read only and edits are no longer possible. Please see: for the plan.

Jump to: navigation, search

Planning Council/August 06 2014


Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, at 1200 Noon Eastern
Dial in: (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)

Phone Numbers: (Check Asterisk/Numbers for more or current phone numbers.)

For all phone lines: Participant conference extension: 710 then enter pin 35498
  • Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) +49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) +33-17-070-8535
  • UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806
  • Switzerland (local call anywhere in Switzerland) +41-44-580-2115
  • SIP clients:
call, then enter pin 35498.

Members and Attendees

PMC (and Strategic) Reps
Chris Aniszczyk Technology (PMC) Y
Dani Megert Eclipse (PMC) Y
Steffen Pingel Mylyn (ALM) PMC
Brian Payton Datatools (PMC)
Doug Schaefer Tools (PMC)
Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo ) SOA (PMC)
Ed Merks Modeling (PMC)
Ian Bull Rt (PMC)
Chuck Bridgham WTP (PMC)
Wayne Beaton Eclipse Foundation (appointed)
David Williams (appointed Chair) Y
Strategic Reps
Cedric Brun OBEO (Strategic Developer)
Neil Hauge Oracle (Strategic Developer) Y
Stephan Merker SAP AG (Strategic Developer)
Markus Knauer Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
Rajeev Dayal Google (Strategic Developer)
(PMC rep) Actuate (Strategic Developer) X
(PMC rep) IBM (Strategic Developer) X
[no name] CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer) X
[no name] Birt (PMC) X

Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.

Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected


  •  ?

Previous meeting minutes

Luna SR1

Any issues?
ECF Plans to contribute 'minor release'. No known issue with that. Would be good if it was communicated well (e.g. what the new function was, and what was not changing, such as assume function used by p2 is not changing?
There is some question about 'httpcompnents' level (See bug 440265 - Consider changing httpcomponents for Luna SR1), but seems impossible to have a coordinated "downgrade". Will investigate "moving up", but appears unlikely that would help. One difficulty is having the right committers have access to the right kind of proxy server that exhibited the regression. (see bug for details).
Remember that SR1 RC1 is just a few weeks away (and overlaps Mars M1).

Mars Planning

Please Review the plan, especially the dates. Goal is to finalize the dates, if we can.
Current dates follow same pattern as previous years.
But there is an issue with what to do with M6, since EclipseCon is a week earlier than last year (and, I'm told, last year was a week earlier than the year before).
The general, if not strong, feeling was that moving M6 a week earlier makes it way too short for a milestone, which also makes M7 extremely long. The proposal is to delay M6 by a week (so then most attending EclipseCon do not need to worry about the typical "last week" milestone activities) which also has the benefit that then M6 and M7 are more balanced, at 7 weeks each. Only downside is that those that "need the latest" for EclipseCon (e.g. for tutorial or demo), will have to make due with M5 or their own custom combination of "I-builds". I will update the plan document with these proposed dates, but since small attendance today, will wait until next meeting before deciding it is official, in case others have other suggestions. No one proposed we move EclipseCon. :)
Note, though, that even extending it one week means those providing +0 contributions would still be busy during EclipseCon with final-week milestone activities.
After the meeting, while editing the schedule, realized that might be better to also extend M5 by one week. In the past, we always had that be one of the "7 week" milestones, since most are on holiday for at least a week during that period over the "end of the year". In other words, M5 would be 7 weeks long, M6 be 6 weeks long, and M7 be 7 weeks long. Obviously, some tweaks could be made to avoid the +0 problem mentioned above ... extend M5 by a week, extend M6 by 2 weeks (from original), so then M5 and M6 would each be 7 weeks long, and M7 would be 6 weeks long.

Progress on Action Items

  • Split stream aggregation builds (about half done, should finish later today)
  • Improved "aggregator examples/doc". (dw -- no progress).
  • [Orbit plan (dw -- no formal progress)]

New Business

  •  ?

Next Meeting

  • September 3, 2014 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting.


2013 EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items. For original meeting notes, see Planning_Council/March_24_2013 and for discussion leading to action items, see Planning_Council/April_10_2013. For last status update, see Planning_Council/May_8_2013.
Luna Wiki page
Kepler Wiki page
Planning Council/Kepler retrospective
Planning Council Members
Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO

Back to the top