Planning Council/April 4 2018
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, April 4, 2018, at 1200 Noon Eastern|
|Dial in:|| Topic: Planning Council Meeting
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,928841320# or +14086380968,,928841320#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 928 841 320 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf
Planning Council Chair: Melanie Bats
- Wayne Beaton
- Frederic Gurr
- Mikael Barbero
- CA Technologies
- CEA LIST
- Ericsson AB (Marc-Andre Laperle)
- IBM (Thomas Watson)
- itemis AG (Alexander Nyssen)
- Obeo (Melanie Bats)
- Oracle (Neil Hauge)
- Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) PMC (Gary Xue)
- Data Tools Platform PMC (Brian Payton)
- Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
- Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
- LocationTech Technology
- Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
- Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
- Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
- Eclipse Science
- Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
- Technology PMC (Chris Aniszczyk)
- Tools Project PMC (Aleksandar Kurtakov)
- Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Carl Anderson)
Previous meeting minutes
- Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.
- Photon & Oxygen status
- Post Photon SimRel status
Ed Merks (Eclipse Modeling Project), Frederic Gurr (Eclipse Foundation), Martin Lippert (Eclipse Cloud Development), Dani Megert (Eclipse Project), Mélanie Bats (Obeo), Thomas Watson (IBM)
Regrets : Mickael Barbero (Eclipse Foundation)
Photon & Oxygen status
Everything is okay : Oxygen.3 out on time
RC2 Oxygen.3a EPP ready last week.
Oxygen.3a GA 11/04/18
Post Photon SimRel status
After the last call, it was asked to Ed to bring at the board level our discussion about naming & planning council role. See the previous minutes & the bugzilla for details. The conclusion of this topic for the board is that the planning council is for all the Eclipse projects and the Simultaneaous Release could include all Eclipse projects. The board does not care about the naming. The planning council concludes that the naming must be inclusive enough. It was decided to use the following pattern for the name : Eclipse MM-YYYY.
The urls should be : SimultaneousReleases/year/month.
Dani explains that the platforms will just drop the bits for M1 & M3 in order that people can build EPP & do tests. In order to be aligned with the release train the first platfrm milestone will be named M2.
Then it was discussed that we should care about moving the release dates to be able to keep up to date with the java releases in order to reduce the effort of making a specific Java support release as we did this year.
Finally, Ed pointed the fact that we should recommend to projects to have a latest repo in order to easily get the latest nightly build.
Planning council call
We had few participants again during this call, remind that when you are not available for the call you must send a representative. Some of the participants suggested to update the call time, Mélanie will send a mail to vote for a new time for this recurring call. Mélanie will contact also recurring missing members to remind them to participate or to propose a new representative.