Instead of manually setup up an Eclipse instance and configuring it for the use with Package Drone we provide an Oomph file, which can be considered a fully automated recipe to set up a fully working Eclipse Workspace with only a few manual steps:
- Download the Eclipse Installer
- Start the installer
- Select "Advanced Mode"
- From the branch "Eclipse.org" select either the "Java EE Developers" or the "Eclipse Committers" edition, click "Next"
- Search and select the Project "Package Drone" from the "Eclipse Projects" branch
- Click the button with the downwards facing button to actually add the component
- Finish the wizard and wait for the installation to complete
This will download, start and provision an Eclipse IDE ready for Package Drone.
In the running IDE you can start Package Drone by running the pre-configured launch configuration named "Jetty"
GitHub Account/SSH Setup
This installer recipe will clone and import the GIT repositories of Package Drone from https://github.com.
For this to work you will need:
- An account at github.com
- A working SSH setup for your account and GitHub
- Including exchanged SSH keys
- Accepted the GitHub host key
The best approach to this is to fire up just any, empty Eclipse installation and clone some project from GitHub with the "ssh" protocol. It can also be the "eclipse/packagedrone" repository. If this worked once, you can use the setup recipe described above.