IoT Working Group Meeting
A meeting of the Eclipse IoT community and IoT enthusiasts. Join us this day-long session to learn about IoT and share your thoughts on the requirements for building an Internet of Things based on open source and open standards.
- When: October 22, 2018, 9:00am - 16:30
- Where: EclipseCon Europe, Ludwigsburg, Germany
- This WG meeting is co-located with Europe Unconference in Ludwigsburg, Germany. Attendees will need to register for the Unconference.
- Session coordinator: Benjamin Cabé, Eclipse Foundation
Project Updates / New Project Introduction
Each project will spend 10 minutes updating on their current status. The update should include:
- Project Overview: Short (1 slide) reminder about your project functionality. This is for people who are new to the project.
- Project stats: tell us how well your project is doing. Number of downloads, number of contributors, number of bugs opened, number of mailing list subscribers, etc.
- Project plan: when is the next release and what are the key features.
- Key Challenges: What challenges/issues are you having?
- Collaboration Opportunities: Where do you see the potential for collaboration with other Eclipse IoT projects or other communities.
- Eclipse Ditto, Thomas Jäckle, slides
- Eclipse hawkBit, Kai Zimmermann
- Eclipse Californium, Achim Kraus
- Eclipse SmartHome, Kai Kreuzer
- Eclipse Paho, Ian Craggs File:Paho 2018 Update.pdf
- Eclipse VOLTTRON, Jereme Haack
- Eclipse Milo, Jens Reimann
- Eclipse Hono, Kai Hudalla
- Eclipse Kura, David Woodard
- Eclipse Kapua, Stefano Morson
- Christian Pino Tossi (Akamai Technologies) - Discussion on the need for low latency in the IoT space, and what could be the impact if not considering Performance as an important part of a global IoT solution.
Collaboration Topics / Open Whiteboard
- IoT WG Benefits
- Kubernetes IoT/Edge WG update
- Eclipse IoT Release train / Integration WG