Handly/New and Noteworthy/1.1
New & Noteworthy for Eclipse Handly 1.1
Improved Documentation for Non-Core API
All API Javadoc comments for Handly UI and for Handly Xtext Integration Layer have been reviewed and improved where necessary (539388, 539389). However, the non-Core API is not as mature as the Core API yet and is versioned as 0.10 to indicate a slim chance that it may still change in a breaking way.
Note that this release introduces some breaking changes to the non-Core API. Please see the migration guide if you are a current adopter.
Search Result View Support
The Eclipse Platform supports contributing search result pages to the integrated Search view via the org.eclipse.search.searchResultViewPages extension point and provides a base level of support for creating such pages in the org.eclipse.search.ui.text package. On top of that support, this release provides a little framework that helps create search result view pages in general and for Handly-based models in particular (540649).
An exemplary implementation that shows the search result view support in action has been provided as part of the Handly Adapter Example (540650).
Initial Support for Call Hierarchy
This release provides an initial implementation for a little framework that helps create a Call Hierarchy view (541350). Note that the API is provisional and subject to change.
An exemplary implementation that shows the call hierarchy view support in action has been provided as part of the Handly Adapter Example (541704).
API and Implementation Enhancements
- The Eclipse Platform has moved to using png files instead of gifs a while ago. We follow the lead (540997)
- A number of new utility API classes have been introduced in the process of working on the Call Hierarchy support (541350):
- IStatusAcceptor and SerialPerObjectRule in org.eclipse.handly.util package
- EditorOpener and new API method EditorUtility.revealTextRange in org.eclipse.handly.ui package
- DeferredTreeContentProvider, DelegatingSelectionProvider, ViewerFocusTracker, and ColumnDescription in org.eclipse.handly.ui.viewer package
- NotifyingReconcileOperation implementation has been optimized (541209)