Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Equinox p2 is a component of the Equinox project. p2 provides a provisioning platform for Eclipse-based applications. Here in the wiki you can find ongoing design and development information (e.g., How-Tos, plans, etc.). For all Equinox related wiki articles see the Equinox Article Index. For p2-specific articles, see the Equinox p2 Article Index.
Getting Started & User Guides
- For End Users
- Update UI Users Guide - A guide to using p2 in Eclipse to update your workbench
- Getting Started - A guide for users of p2-enabled Eclipse applications.
- For Advanced Users / Release Engineers
- Concepts - A guide for people looking to understand what this is all about.
- Admin UI Users Guide - A guide to using the Admin UI for bundle pool installation
- Getting Started for Releng - An adoption guide for people assembling Eclipse-based products and update sites
- Director application - How to invoke p2 installation from the commandline
- Equinox p2 mirror, p2 composite, p2 repo2runnable - Ant tasks for mirroring, manipulating composite repos, and converting a repo to "runnable" form
- Console Users Guide - How to invoke p2 from within the OSGi console
- Webapp QuickStart - A quickstart to demonstrate the applicability of the provisioning work in a web application.
- Build - A guide for building P2 from source (for commiters and contributors).
- P2 Fragments - How to package software for RPM (and other installers, too).
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- For clients of p2 API
p2 Developer Resources
- Plan - The current plans and set of pending issues
- User Interface - Planning documents related to development of the p2 user interface
- Meetings - Minutes and information on the weekly public p2 planning and design call
- Testing - Information on automated and manual testing of p2.
- Ganymede - Historical information about p2 in the Ganymede release
- Maintenance_process - The process followed to contribute bug fix to Maintenance builds