At EclipseCon 2015 the Eclipse Cloud Development project is running a tutorial that showcases technology from each of its sub-projects. This page contains material for tutorial attendees.
How to Prepare
This tutorial will include exercises using many different technologies. To get the most out of your session, we recommend that you install the tools in advance. There will not be enough time during the tutorial to help attendees get setup. If you don't do these steps, you can still follow along and watch what the presenter is doing.
- Follow the instructions for cloning, building, and running Che.
We plan to run the tutorial according to the following outline:
- Introductions and general overview of the Eclipse Cloud Development project (10 minutes)
- For each project (Orion, Che, Dirigible, Flux) do:
- Project introduction (10 minutes)
- Demo of project technology (10 minutes)
- Hands on exercise (10 minutes)
- Future directions for ECD technologies, and general Q&A (15 minutes)
We will take a 10 minute break around the halfway point, at a natural stopping point
Here are the demo steps that were used to setup the Orion app with a simple Node web application:
- In Orion, create two projects, "gen" and "app"
- Using command prompt, do the following:
cd gen npm install express-generator cd ../app node ../gen/node_modules/express-generator/bin/express npm install npm start app
- Back in Orion, refresh the page, drill into "app" folder to see the app code