Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Dash Project/Commits Explorer
The source is available too, if you want to learn more about the web APIs.
How Does it Work
Here we are collecting information about incorrect or mis-classified commits reported by the explorer.
- Some user names were changed when OTI joined IBM. Commits by the old login should be classified under the new. These old logins are categorized as "unknown".
- People who have changed companies are being reported as having worked for their current company for all of history rather than as having worked for company A until 2005 and then company B.
- People categorized under "individual" may be associated with a company, just not an Eclipse member company that has signed a Member Committer Agreement. Or, the data may just need cleaning up. For example, PDT lists mspector as an "individual", but that person has logged in to dev.eclipse.org from mail.zend.com:
$ finger mspector | grep login Last login Fri Oct 19 11:00 (EDT) on pts/1 from mail.zend.com
- http://dash.eclipse.org/dash/commits/web-api/commit-details.php has a LIMIT 1000 restriction on it for performance reasons. See bug 210492.
- Some queries return data in 1, 3, 6, 9 month intervals; others return year-to-date data. In order to be able to accurately compare these queries, a common interval must be used.
- Commits to the www.eclipse.org website content (/cvsroot/org.eclipse) are mis-categorized as Phoenix project commits. These should be split into "web commits" and "code commits" so that website content != phoenix project. See bug 210038.
- Checking in a new file to CVS results in a commit for which the Lines of Code (LOC) count is zero. See bug 211343.