This page provides the required docuware for the Xpand 1.3.0 Release Review.
Xpand is a subproject of Modeling/M2T.
The Xpand generator framework provides textual languages, that are useful in different contexts in the MDSD process (e.g. validation, metamodel extensions, code generation, model transformation). Each language (Xpand,Xtend,Check) is built upon a common expression language and type system. Therefore, they can operate on the same models, metamodels and meta-metamodels and you do not need to learn the syntax again and again, because it is always the same.
The expressions framework provides a uniform abstraction layer over different meta-meta-models (e.g. EMF Ecore, Eclipse UML2, JavaBeans, XML Schema etc.). Additionally, it offers a powerful, statically typed expressions language, which is used in the various textual languages.
New in this release
- This release is a maintenance release
- See New and Noteworthy Wiki page
- Tests for XSD typesystem have been integrated into the build
- Missing source plugins for SDK features were added
APIs have not changed in this release.
- The project lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release.
The Xpand project wizard creates additionally MWE2 workflow files, if MWE2 is installed.
No further changes on sample projects.
Some classes/methods have been marked deprecated, which are subject for removal for a potential major release Xpand 2.0. The code is still valid for this release.
Bugzilla snapshot for Xpand as of Feb 21, 2013.
- Xpand 1.3 conforms to Eclipse User Interface Guidelines
- Eclipse platform standard i18n support used where applicable/possible; stand-alone deployment uses equivalent J2SE APIs
- ICU4J is used
Xpand is a “+2” project in the simultaneous release.
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity in the Eclipse Forum
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse (Xtext, EMF, MWE)
Karsten Thoms has been elected as Co Project Lead.
- Sven Efftinge
- Karsten Thoms
- Andre Arnold (Independent)
- Sven Efftinge (itemis)
- Moritz Eysholdt (itemis)
- Dennis Huebner (itemis)
- Darius Jockel (itemis)
- Jan Koehnlein (itemis)
- Karsten Thoms (itemis)
- Sebastian Zarnekow (itemis)
Only activity by Karsten Thoms and Dennis Hübner for the current release.
The M2T Xpand project leadership verifies that:
- the about files and use licenses are in place as per the Guidelines to Legal Documentation.
- all contributions (code, documentation, images, etc) have been committed by individuals who are either Members of the Foundation, or have signed the appropriate Committer Agreement. In either case, these are individuals who have signed, and are abiding by, the Eclipse IP Policy.
- all significant contributions have been reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all non-Committer code contributions, including third-party libraries, have been documented in the release and reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all Contribution Questionnaires have been completed.
- the "provider" field of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse Modeling Project“.
- the "copyright" field of each feature is set to the copyright owner (the Eclipse Foundation is rarely the copyright owner).
- any third-party logos or trademarks included in the distribution (icons, help file logos, etc) have been licensed under the EPL.
- any fonts or similar third-party images included in the distribution (e.g. in PDF or EPS files) have been licensed under the EPL.
The approved Xpand project IP log is located at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=396966
The current project plan is available from http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.m2t.xpand.
Draft development plan for Xpand 1.4 is not yet available.