XSL Tools UI Preferences Review
XSL Tools Preferences UI Walkthrough Eclipse UI Best Practices Working Group 7/23/2008
The following should be reviewed prior to the call:
- XSLT Project (XSL Tools) project page covering the goals of the XSL Tools project.
- XSL Tools Preference Pages Power Point - this contains the screen shots for XSL Tools preference pages.
- Optionally installing the XSL Tools from the Eclipse Web Tools update site.
There are several possible discussion topics:
- How to make the Processor, Output Properties, and Available Processor pages less Java specific so that other non-java related processors could be used (i.e. Microsoft XSL, LibXSLT, etc.)
- Design and useability of the preference pages, are their better designs and layouts.
- Overall look and feel, do these conform to best practices for eclipse ui guidelines.
Discussion Notes from Walkthrough
[This section added just to capture quick notes from the meeting, from others, that don't appear to be captured elsewhere ... they probably are, just not obvious, but to make sure not lost this is a good place to put them until it's confirmed they are captured elsewhere.]