XQuery Development Tools
XQuery Development Tools (XQDT) is now part of the Web Tools Project Incubator. Our goal is to get out of the egg (a.k.a graduate).
XQDT provides support of XQuery inside Eclipse. Our goal is to have seamless integration with the Eclipse platform and the existing XQuery engines but also to create a user experience consistent with both XQuery and Eclipse standards.
XQDT provides the following features:
- Support for XQuery 1.1 (e.g., try-catch, group by, windowing)
- Support for XQuery Updates and Scripting Extensions (as defined in the public Standard / Working Draft)
- Syntax highlighting
- Code completion and code templates
- Launching and debugging (in progress) XQuery
- As-you-type validation
- Semantic checking
Latest developer snapshots can be found on the XQDT build, along with trends and metrics. Both ZIPs and P2 Zipped update site are available for download.
The latest released version (XQDT 2.1.1) can be still downloaded from the old xqdt.org website until the migration to the Eclipse infrastructure is complete:
NOTE: Once the migration is complete another versioning policy will be applied. This will make your current installation obsolete and a new installation will be necessary from an eclipse.org hosted update site.
- User Guide
Project Milestone Plan
Please visit our Release Notes page for information on our latest release, known issues and bugs.
Detailed milestone plans are still under discussion.
0.7 M1 8th Jan 2010 (Complete)
- First milestone after transition to WTP incubator.
0.7 M2 26th Feb 2010
- Integrate with XML editor.
- Introduce pluggable XQuery dialect support.
0.7 M3 30th Apr 2010
- To be announced.
0.7 M4 25th Jun 2010
- Transition to Helios dependencies.
Contributions and Contributing
For those that would like to contribute to XQDT by supplying patches, and enhancements.
Visit our Development Status Meetings page for more information.