XQDT/Status Meetings/2009-09-09

From Eclipsepedia

< XQDT‎ | Status Meetings
Revision as of 15:34, 21 October 2009 by Gabipetrovay.gmail.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

XQDT Development Status Meeting

Attendees

Project Leads
Gabriel P Y
Sam N Y
Committers
William C
Friends
David C
Donald K

Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.

Announcements And Special Reports

First meeting on the record!


Details

Wiki / Minutes

  • Sam agreed to create framework for posing minutes at eclipse wiki and notes for this meeting.

Eclipse Transition

  • Access to IPZilla still not available, Sam will contact David Carver.
  • We would like to make sure we have automatically updated update sites available for nightlies.

Bugs / Issues

  • Hardcoded user/pwd discovered in MarkLogic Server integration code, Sam will correct and notify Gabriel to push a new build.
  • Discussed process around bug/enhancement tracking. Agreed tracking of each issue will probably take place in Eclipse and one or more vendor bug systems (Mark Logic or 28msec). Where bugs are initially logged may vary, but replication to a second system will almost always be necessary.

Development Status

  • Gabriel has cleared all the warnings in the code/plugins (except ANTLR generated parser and xcc library)
    • It was agreed that the general policy will be for all new checkins to be free of warnings.
  • Separation of plugins to support MarkLogic Server and Zorba started, including facet implementation for URI resolving.
  • Eclipse 3.5 and DLTK >1.0 dependencies removed. Need testing for 3.3 compatibility.

Future Plans

  • Gabriel plans to get URI resolving with facets working within the next few days.
  • Targeting Oct 1 for 2.2 release, expected to be the last release from xqdt.org.
  • Sam will work on open design issues related to vendor builtins:
    • Implicit declaration/import of vendor namespaces, prefixes and builtins.
    • Clean infrastructure for signature and documentation of builtins.
    • URI resolution issues related to the above requirements.