Why use JWT
- 1 Questions & Answers
- 2 Benefits of JWT
Questions & Answers
Is JWT just another graphical business process editor?
No! Java Workflow Tooling aims to support the whole BPM lifecycle reaching from the designing of workflows to their execution and monitoring.
So what is the goal of this project?
The goal of the JWT project is to offer vendors an open and flexible framework that can be adjusted to their needs. JWT is designed to be easily extensible and can therefore be made to work together with a variety of different existing tools and standards.
Why should I use JWT instead of tool XYZ?
JWT does not need to replace an existing tooling but can instead be considered to be a framework that brings together different programs and standards and may be used to bridge incompatibilities and add additional functionality.
Can I use JWT with my platform XYZ?
Is it hard to tailor JWT to my needs?
No! The workflow editor offers a variety of extension points that are documented [here] that allow to extend and modify the way JWT works without actually needing to change JWT itself (which can of course also be done if needed).
I want to see it in action
A demo screencast that shows how a business process can be imported into JWT, extended with technical information and run on a workflow engine can be seen here.
What is the future of JWT?
Bright and shiny.
Benefits of JWT
Some words on the benefits of JWT
- The whole business process lifecycle (design, development, runtime, monitoring) is supported
- JWT is designed to be as open and extensible as possible
- The components of JWT can be used on their own or combined with an existing tooling
- Using the Workflow Editor, business processes can be easily created graphically
- Multiple views allow for business and technical specific representations of the modeled process as well as supporting different standards (e.g. UML Activity Diagram, EPC, ...)
- Transformations allow to import and export workflows in many different representations (e.g. XPDL, BPMN, BPEL, STP-IM, ...)