Revision as of 08:02, 4 March 2011 by Henrik.lindberg.cloudsmith.com
This page contains information and documents produced during the "What is In a Build" Symposium at Eclipse Summit Europe 2010.
Tycho Breakout Session
Some Tycho pain points, in no particular order:
- How to Release - use tycho versions plugin (with care) ?
- Product / Application Builds - Pascal says YES (from .product file using eclipse-application mojo)
eclipse-application-new-something (still in progress; may be released as new mojo or replace eclipse-application)
- Source feature/bundles - Pascal says NO, not working. Rumours abound - supposed working for egit source plugins (but can't yet generate source features)
- pom to manifest synchronization - use tycho versions plugin? Will this need to synch ever go away (that is, pom.xml need not include a <version>
- documentation is lacking or out of date
- p2 artifacts in a m2 repo -- not yet doable [b3 aggregator can do a hybrid p2-m2 repo], though SAP has a hackaround to allow this in Nexus
- no support for remote zipped repos (p2 problem) - again, SAP/Nexus hackaround
- p2 sucks for network support / proxies / mirrors, so Tycho builds can fail w/o ability to be restarted (like Maven), and sometimes require ~/.m2 cache to be purged to clean out zero-length files pulled from bad mirrors