Web Tools Web Site Development Setup
- You should know where the Phoenix Documentation is
- Familiarize yourself with Using Phoenix
- Set up your CVS Repository
- Follow the Configuring Eclipse with PHPEclipse instructions to get XAMPP. You may choose to set up the virtual host following these directions as well.
Another way to create a Virtual Host is to open the "httpd.conf" file, scroll to the bottom and add the following section:
<Directory "[workspace_location]"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:8008> DocumentRoot [workspace_location] </VirtualHost>
Replace [workspace_location] with the path to your Eclipse workspace. You don't have to use 8008 but be careful with the port you use to avoid port conflicts with things like application servers. This differs from the Configuring Eclipse with PHPEclipse instructions in that you don't have to edit the hosts file. To access a web page use a URL such as http://127.0.0.1:8008/webtools/main.html.
- If necessary, make the following changes to your php.ini file:
< short_open_tag = Off --- > short_open_tag = On < extension_dir = "./" --- > extension_dir = "./ext" < ;extension=php_xsl.dll --- > extension=php_xsl.dll
This enables short tags and turns on xslt processing.