Thoughts on Quality for the Web Tools Project (Work In Progress)
This wiki page should describe how the WTP addresses the issue of Quality. This page is a work in progress, and does not necessarily describe the views of the WTP PMC.
How do we ensure quality in the WTP Project?
- High committer standards
- More than anything else, high quality committers will result in high quality software
- Adequate JUnit tests for components
- Necessary for early bug detection in the lifecycle and future maintainability of the software
- Continuous and Integration Builds
- Releasing early in the dev cycle at predictable intervals
- Among other things, this allows users to test functionality and find bugs before the software is released
- Focus on bug reports
- Ensure that meaningful bugs from the community are addressed in a reasonable time period
- This is another place where the community can have an impact on the overall quality of the project through both entering bugs and by fixing them
Related Bug Reports
- 2.0 Total Bugs Fixed (~224)
- 2.0 JPA Total Bugs Fixed (~25)