WTP Performance Tests/2008-08-18
- Progress of a patch towards generating graphs for performance data
- Has everyone identified and tried to run a single test case?
- Progress was made with some components identifying a single testcase--no problems in executing those tests
- Why graphs cannot be generated currently for our performance tests:
- Hardcoded component patterns (org.eclipse.ui, org.eclipse.jdt.core, etc.) prevented our results from being recorded
- Required the JVM to be specified as "sun"
- The errors that occurred were often NPEs or something that wasn't very helpful in identifying the root of the problem
- Nick has a patch for at least allowing WTP components to generate graphs
- Reiteration of the fact that these performance tests will be run as part of our build