WTP Performance Tests/2008-07-21
- First meeting
- Explain current problems
- Discuss how we would like to see WTP performance tests look like.
- Teams should own the perf tests, like they do the junit tests. This responsibility should not be centralized.
- Tests should be run in central controlled environment.
- There is good value to have tests running repeatedly, but they should be meaningful. Tests should be automated and run frequently enough.
- We want to reuse as much as we can. We should use the same framework as the Platform team does.
- Start with 1 test per component
- Let's start with looking at how the Platform team does their performance tests.
- At the moment we have one Windows Server 2003 machine for the performance tests (owned by Kaloyan).
- We can start running the automated perf tests on it. If we want to do this on other platforms we should make a list of possible machines the perf team can gather.
- Above is about automated testing. How about ad-hoc perf testing? Incorporate as part of our smoke tests? Performance snapshots. The tester clicks a menu item to start recording the snapshot...?!
- Gary - will spend one hour to see how the Platform are doing their performance tests
- Everybody else - do like Gary or at least spend some time reading the Performance wiki page and related links.
- Gary - put info on the wiki about how ad-hoc perf testing is done.