WTP 3.10 (Photon) - New Help for Old Friends
This page collects notes and pointers to changes coming up in the WTP 3.10 (Photon) release.
This page acts as a central "jumping off" point for those adopters of WTP that are moving up from a previous version of WTP. Most of this information may be already contained in various mailing lists and Bugzilla reports, but it is believed best to have a central place to get people started. Adopters: if you run into trouble or notice things that are not covered here, please update this page and/or let us know (such as by opening a bug, or sending a note to wtp-dev). Web Tools is a Platform and we strive to provide compatible API evolution with clear migration paths, instructions, etc.
One thing we have learned in the past is that some adopters do not move with us to every new release. Some early adopters went from 0.7 directly to 1.5, for example. Unfortunately, it is difficult to present the information in that way, covering multiple changes across multiple version ranges, so those types of migrations have to read about migrating to each version.
Note: as these notes develop and grow in number, they may occasionally be re-organized into categories, etc.
New, Noteworthy, or Interesting Changes
Java EE Perspective is missing
Out of the box, the “Java EE” perspective is no longer present. To make it appear:
- Select the “Show all” checkbox below the list of perspectives
- At this point, the “Java EE” perspective is shown
- Select it and click “Open”, which causes a “Confirm Enablement” dialog to display.
- Confirm enablement of “Java EE Development” to complete enabling this perspective.
Removal of WSDL4J 1.5.1
- WTP no longer packages WSDL4J 1.5.1, but it continues to pull in WSDL4J 1.6.2. The main changes were to update the EMF WSDL model (org.eclipse.wst.wsdl) to 1.6.2 from 1.5.1. For more details, see bug 265772
This document covers ONLY changes between WTP 3.10 and WTP 3.9. See also:
- New Help for Old Friends IX (3.6 Luna)
- New Help for Old Friends VIII (3.5 Kepler)
- New Help for Old Friends VII (3.4 Juno)
- New Help for Old Friends VI (3.3 Indigo)
- New Help for Old Friends V (3.2 Helios)
- New Help for Old Friends IV (3.1 Galileo)
- New Help for Old Friends III (3.0 Ganymede)
- New Help for Old Friends II (2.0 Europa)
- New Help for Old Friends (1.5 Callisto)