WTP 3.0 Requirement Call 2007-08-14
Revision as of 17:39, 15 August 2007 by Jgarms.bea.com
WTP 3.0 Requirements Meeting Minutes
- Raghu Srinivasan/Oracle (moderator)
- Cameron Bateman/Oracle
- Dave Carver/Star
- Nitin Dahyabhai/IBM
- Karen Moore/Oracle
- Jason Sholl/IBM
- David Williams/IBM
- Gerry Kessler/Oracle
- Werner Keil/BEA
- Jess Garms/BEA
- Rob Frost/BEA
- Kathy Chan/IBM
- Ian Trimble/Oracle
- Carl Anderson/IBM
- Konstantin Komissarchik/BEA
- Craig Salter/IBM
- Werner Keil/BEA: With reference to the theme of Internationalization & Localization, is there a plan for WTP to coordinate with the Eclipse Babel Project?
- Jess Garms/WTP PMC: The Babel project is in the proposal phase and currently there is no planned work in WTP to work with it. However, once the Babel project gets further along, we will make sure WTP works well with it.
- Dave Carver/Star: Is the listof enhancement request for WTP listed in the Requirement main page all the items that is targeted for 3.0 or are there more items?
- Raghu Srinivasan/WTP PMC: The list is incomplete. There are more items that are planned for 3.0, but not listed in that query. This will be fixed soon.
- Dave Carver/Star: If WTP is planning to work on lot of enhancement requests, then I have a concern that we are not stabilizing the core base. There are a lot of outstanding baseline bugs that should be fixed in 3.0. In general, I am concerned about bugs that have been outstanding for 2-3 years that have not yet been fixed due to lack of resource/contributions.
- Raghu Srinivasan/WTP PMC: Fixing outstanding bugs is a pervasive theme of any release and WTP 3.0 is no exception. If you have concerns on specific bugs, please comment on them to bring them to the attention of the project/component lead. WTP is also going through the process of reviewing old, outstanding bugs to be considered for this release.
- David Williams/WTP PMC: We should add an explicit item to the requirements doc about addressing bug backlogs
- Werner Keil/BEA: What is the timeline of 3.0 and which general release of Eclipse is it targeted?
- Raghu Srinivasan/WTP PMC: WTP 3.0 will be part of the Eclipse Ganymede release planned to be release around June,2008
- David Williams/WTP PMC: WTP will have periodic milestone releases based on the platform milestone releases.
- Action Items
|1. Update Bugzilla to include the keyword plan for all the enhancement requests planned for 2.0||ALL Project Leads|
|2. Add a requirement to address bug backlog in this release||Raghu Srinivasan|
|3. Update the Requirements doc to reflect that WTP 3.0 is part of the Eclipse Ganymede release||Raghu Srinivasan|